To help people communicate across barriers of class, age, race,
gender and political persuasion to build communication and community
Goals of the Salon
- To bring diverse people together.
- To communicate things that are of importance and concern to
all of us.
- To share a social event and meet new people.
- To continually poll the group about what ideas will make a
good three-hour topic.
- To develop communication skills, leadership and group
process skills (speaking, questioning, summarizing, listening,
paying attention to cues, conflict resolution…).
- To break down barriers between people, such as fear and
- To recruit diversity for the group.
Volunteer Leadership Team
- Coordinators: Anna Washington and
- Webmaster: Paul
- Godfather: Richard Zieger
- Leadership Team: Joy Hewett, Charlotte Hoffman, Mary Luckhardt,
Rocco and Hatsy Nittoli, and Mort Zwick
- Photographer: Mike Hsu